Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Vegas Track Day

Las Vegas Outer Track Day May 3rd and 4th.  My brother Aaron and I went down to run a two day Porsche Club track event in conjunction with the PCA races.  We had a great time and it was nice to run a new track.  The track is definitely tighter with more turns than the Miller Track.  Started out the first day with track times in the 2:12s.  Starting pushing really hard the second day and had my best lap of 2:06.  I had just done my best lap and was pushing hard again when I spun on course in the last turn!  First time I have spun the car.  Two laps latter at the end of the straight I went in a little to hot and ran out of track and spun again all the way across the track.  Definitely an interesting sensation!  I was placed in "time out" for awhile to think about what I did wrong.  ;)

 

1 comments:

Nate & Emily said...

Derek! What the ---- are you doing? Nate and I wondered if your a racin' star now days. Good to check out the blog. Hope you dont mind.

Emily (your cousin in-law)