Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Fat Lip
Did you know that my husband and all of my kids can roll their tongues and I can't. Well, now my husband and all of my kids can swim underwater from one end of the pool to the other without taking a breath and I can't. The tongue thing is genetic and there is really nothing I can do about it. The underwater swimming however I might be able to master. I was practicing the other night and after several tries I could still only make it maybe two thirds of the way. I decided to give it one more try. I started at the deep end and pushed off the side with my feet. I kept my arms pinned to my sides and used the dolphin kick to glide through the water. Next thing I know "Bam!" I smack my face on the bottom of the pool. I floated to the surface, let out a howl, and looked for blood in the pool. Fortunately there was only a small amount coming from my bottom lip. I look around to find my husband and Cassidy trying not to laugh. Then came the infamous question, "Didn't you have your eyes open?" I guess that you learn something new every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment