Thursday, February 19, 2009

The best part of my yesterday

Yesterday morning when Cassidy was ready for school Derek's car was parked behind mine so I took his. I found a new button that heated the steering wheel. While navigating the junior high drop off, I kept thinking "this has got to be the best part of my day so far". My behind was heated and now my hands too. A little later in the day I was at Derek's Grandma Opal's house. I was working on a blanket that I am crocheting and Opal was telling me a story about Derek. When he was little he loved yogurt but could not pronounce it yet so when Opal was babysitting Derek while his parents went on a trip around the world he was constantly asking for "Yogi". This made me laugh because I can never keep yogurt around our house for long because Derek is always eating it. At this point I thought never mind about the heated seats, this is the best part of my day. Then last night Alex had his first state playoff hockey game in Salt Lake. They were playing Brighton, who beat them in the state championships last year. Alex scored two beautiful back hand goals and the game ended in a 4-4 tie. The game then went into a sudden death shootout. Brighton shot first and scored. Alex was up next. If he didn't make the shot the team lost (no pressure). He shot high over the goalie's left shoulder and scored! Next Brighton missed and Timpanogos scored. It was such an exciting game. I strained my vocal chords yelling crazy things like "that's my boy!"It was definitely the best part of my day.

1 comments:

Erica said...

It might be the best part of my day just reading this!