Friday, September 26, 2008

Forty-Love



Since January I have been taking tennis lessons and going to the women's tennis workouts. It has been really good for me. I am not competitive by nature but I can get worked up (especially by aggressive know it all's, with no patience for beginners :) . Most of the ladies who come to the workouts are extremely nice and give good advice. I have made new friends, laughed at myself a lot, and had some great bruises (the best one was from running into a huge screw that held the net as we were switching sides).
Top three things about learning to play tennis
1. I have to say the outfits
2. having something in common with my husband (he is a know it all but very patient).
3. winning points against my arch rival Jenny (one of those mentioned above).
Three things I need to learn
1. stop apologizing every time I hit a horrible shot
2. stop watching the ball and run!
3. How to get rid of tennis elbow

2 comments:

Erica said...

This is a fun post! I'm jealous that you have found a good tennis club. And, you new picture is super cute.

Nate & Emily said...

Pam-I LOVE tennis! So do the rest of the Allens. We should play during Grandma's bday party (ok, maybe not during). Anyway, I'll send an email out and have peeps bring their racquets. The courts are right there!