Sunday, September 28, 2008

Turn Around

My Mom used to have the sheet music to a song called "Turn Around". Here are the lyrics for one of the verses.

Where are you going
My little one, little one
Where are you going
My baby, my own
Turn around and you're two
Turn around and you're four
Turn around and you're a young girl
Going out of the door

 When she would sing it, tears always came to my eyes. I guess even when you are the little one they are talking about, the thought of leaving your parents is sad. 
I will never forget my Dad giving me a hug in the kitchen before I got married, and with tears in his eyes saying "I didn't think you would be leaving so soon."
I guess the reason I am reminiscing is because Lindsay turned twenty this past week. I found this picture of Lindsay and I when I was her age. The older I get the faster time flies.

1 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a neat tribute. And looking at that picture makes me think how fast it really might go by.